Wednesday, September 28, 2011

more buggy science things

I let Kira catch a cricket this weekend and we brought him in and are observing him. I have (for the first time in my life) seen (and not just heard) a cricket sing. It has changed how I imagine crickets when I walk out my door on a crisp fall day and hear the chorus singing their paean to the end of summer.




He likes watermelon.


I was fascinated by the size difference in these two bees (David and Goliath?)


And finally (a very unscientific set of photos). Yesterday we practiced doing up Kira's hairstyle that she wants to wear tonight for weird hair night for Wednesday night children's church.




Hopefully, tomorrow you will see cute photos of both the girls.

1 comment:

no spring chicken said...

Your insect photos are wonderful... but that hair! Priceless! I really love it...

Blessings, Debbie