Friday, March 9, 2012

a very small head

I posted this on my other blog too but I wanted to share it here.

Towards the end of last year, Tim's father sent us a hat that belonged to Tim's grandfather. He sent it in its original hatbox. We wanted the hat (Keith had asked before he sent it) but we weren't sure what we were going to do with it. Especially after it came and we discovered what a small head he had. The size of the hat is 6 7/8.

We decided we would use it as decor. However, I needed to make a hat stand for it. After Christmas, I was doing some organizing and found a lathed candle holder my Dad had made for us (Dad made our unity candle holders and this was one he made in case we didn't like the first). I decided it would make a great hat stand (as I've never displayed it since I've always displayed the other candle holder).


So now it sits on the recycled book table I made a while back (boosted by an old computer fan as it still needed more height as the table is tucked behind another table that I put vignettes on).

A couple of weeks ago, I was photographing some other stuff and just for kicks and jollies, I put the hat on the girls.





Because of how I shot these photos, you really can't tell but the hat is too small for C and almost too small for K.

So what does a man with such a small head look like?


Viva was a tiny woman and Red was not a particularly tall man so I suppose they look relatively normal.

Below you see a photo of their family. Tim's Dad is their only son.


1 comment:

no spring chicken said...

How wonderful... Will you display a picture of Red and pictures of the girls wearing the hat with your heirloom? I love it.

Blessings, Debbie