Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Kei and Yuuko are starting to figure out our life and how they fit into it. They are terribly sweet dogs. Kei has a way of asking to be petted by walking up to you, putting his paw on you, and looking soulfully up at you that is just heart melting.
The girls are finding the dogs to be much more work than they anticipated. I think that getting these dogs for was one of the best things we could have done for the girls.
My low-profile here is a result of my struggle with depression. I have many things going on in my life right now that I cannot share on this blog and they have resulted in some mild depression. I've confided in several people and I know their prayers help so I will share with you too. So that if you are inclined, you too can pray. Speaking of family, many of you have inquired after the twins. They are gaining rapidly and were moved from NICU to ICC on Sunday. Bryson the bigger of the two is 5 lbs 14 ounces. Unfortunately, he still struggles with his breathing and has oxygen drops. He also has a ductus that has enlarged rather than decreased as he has grown. Bennett the smaller of the two just broke the 5 pound mark. Bennett is strong and doing very well. His big job right now is to learn how to take all his food from a bottle.
My girl K is sweet and bright!! I am reading a book called "Loneliness" by Elisabeth Elliot. K saw the book and asked me about the title (my reluctant reader is rapidly becoming an avid reader but still doesn't like to bother with hard or long words). I told her that it was "Loneliness." She flipped the book over to the photo of Elliot and asked me is it because her husband died? No she doesn't know the story of the Auca Missionaries. She just made a logic leap. I replied, "Yes." K inquired about how he died and I told her that he was a missionary and some Indians killed him. She responded "So that is why she is lonely?" Then she continued "But she knows she doesn't have to stay lonely because God is with her." Sometimes my children amaze me.

1 comment:

Phyllis said...

The dogs are so beautiful! They sound so friendly. Do they like to run and play? I will be praying for you, my friend.